Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Making friends: the creep-free method.

So. We moved into a new neighborhood in December. There are like a million people in our neighborhood with toddlers and fetuses, so we fit right in, but we don't really know anyone yet. I feel like friend-making is so time-consuming and scary. It's like dating in high school, but worse because your sanity is in jeopardy if you fail. Are there friend-making websites? Like, where I can put a profile and what I am looking for? It would look like this:

Twenty-something female seeking gal-pal that takes the time to spell out entire words when texting, will compliment me a lot, is roughly in the same socio-economic class, understands the basic functions of the government, will make me food, understands my Costco thing, has a good marriage (so she doesn't try and steal my awesome husband), is also wearing fat-pants, and watches the Colbert Report. Interested parties should provide me with a resume and oreo-flavored dessert.

...But instead I am going to try and make friends the old-fashioned way. I searched trusty-ole pinterest  to find printable valentines. I found lots, but not ones I wouldn't feel weird about giving to strangers/adults. Frankly, I don't want Dave and I to accidentally lead someone on and then break their heart. So I just made my own. And then I was thinking, how can I be the only person that wants to give other adults treats and cards for valentines and not creep them out? Here you go, internets.


So click on the link that will take you to my dropbox to download the front of the card, and then the back.
Now have a wonderful, friend-making, non-creepy Valentine's Day.

P.S. the fonts I used were The Skinny and KG Eyes Wide Shut, in case you also want to download them for free from dafont.com.

1 comment:

pinkadots said...

Bummer, I'm guessing you need to have Publisher to open this document?