Thursday, September 3, 2009

A synopsis of the last three months

Well, it has been a while. To make a long story short, we got married, we went on a honeymoon, and we still love each other. Ha.

Our wedding was beautiful. We only had a couple hangups:
1. my maid of honor got quite sick the night before and couldn't be there. That was hard for me.
2. my whole schedule went to crap. the whole family was anxious to leave the temple because of the drizzle that had started, so they all left after a few pictures and went to the luncheon. Dave and I didn't show up to our luncheon for another hour and a half.
3. This is connected to number 2, but not quite the same. Since there was a drizzle and a bunch of kids, no one wanted to take pictures at the temple. We don't have very many family pictures from the wedding. I should've just told everyone to suck it up because it was the only day we were going to get married and we wanted pictures, dangit. Alas, I didn't. I was feeling serene at that point instead of inflamatory. It actually stopped raining after everyone left. Go figure.
4. Dave and I got hardly any of our darn wedding refreshments! Why didn't we grab an entire cheesecake on the way out the door and to the love nest? I don't know. I will always regret that moment.

All things considered, the wedding day was fantastic. After a long hard day we retired to our pirate themed room at the Anniversary Inn. It was a pretty cool room. Since I had stayed up ALL NIGHT the night before (WHAT was I thinking?!?) I was so beat. I actually just fell asleep and I was so out of it that Dave went to Pizza Hut without me. Romantic, huh? It only took hours of being married to turn me into a big giant party pooper. I'm pretty sure this is an irreversible change.

The honeymoon was fun. We stayed the second night in a great condo in Vegas. They had a great pool, and it was really fun. We avoided the strip, which isn't very fun and just makes my feet hurt. We did decide that it was probably the only time on our honeymoon we'd have a full kitchen, so we went to walmart and got all the fixings for a great breakfast. It did turn out pretty darn great.

Next we headed to California. I thought I might die crossing through death valley. In California we went to Hollywood and walked through beverly hills, we went to the temple, we spent time at the beach, and we hung out. No, we did not go to disneyland or universal studios or sea world. At that moment in our financial lives I thought that going to a venue that was $200 for the two of us wasn't a prudent decision. We decided that it was better spent insuring that we didn't starve when we got home. I think it was a good decision. Dave did get quite sunburned at the beach, though. He was tomato red, and will never forget that I told him we probably wouldn't need sunscreen....I know. I'm a bad wife right from the start.

We eventually had to come back to real life. Now we basically spend most of our time apart. It's really hard. He spends time in Salt Lake for classes, and I spend my time working, and then reading novels for the rest of the day. It's a darn good thing the library is conveniently located near our house. We love our ward though, and we can't wait for callings. Married life is pretty great.

No comments: